- You’re involved in quite a few charity events that are musically based. Could you take a moment to talk about them and explain what got you involved in them?
- If you could change one thing about your local scene, what would it be?
- In the way that the music industry has shifted, are you a fan of this new model or not? And why? – asked by Brady Novotny Episode 003
The Song: Baby Blues
It was the first track that we wrote and recorded for recently released new album, ” Love, Lust & Other Wreckage”
It’s all about regret after losing something special.
About John Vento
Businessmen 1997 – present
Nied’s Hotel band – 2006 – present
And also some other John Vento project sprinkled in . LOL
Pittsburgh, PA – Americana/ Folk/RNR
Find John Vento Online:
Download John’s Music
Our goal has been the same since we got started way back in 2004 as AK Music Scene. We have always believed that the music scene in southwestern Pennsylvania provides the best music available today, and our goal is to get it out to the masses. We have so many ways for you to be introduced to it.
- You can listen to our show the Pennsylvania Rock Show on its official website, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, and Spotify to name a few locations. Also check our our podcast network, Podcast your Scene.
- You can listen to our radio station, broadcasting Pittsburgh (and surrounding areas) music 24/7!
- Want air play? Submit your Music. Get interviewed.
- You can listen to our brand new Spotify Playlist, featuring bands and songs from both the Pennsylvania Rock Show and Build the Scene Radio.
- Want to go to a live show? We can help you with that, too. Visit our concerts page.
- Looking for a venue? Guess what, we have that, too. Visit our venues page.
- Like viewing concert photography or reading about shows and new music? Check our our friends at First Angel Media.
- We have a ton of friends who are contributing to the scene and trying to help bands and artists as well. You can find them here.
- Want to know what is going on in the scene? Join our mailing list.
Here is a video from Rock for Life 19’s Friday night line up. This video was taken by their bassist, Garry Simmons. For those of you who are not familiar with the band’s history between us and Amber Alexis, They used to come to every Pennsylvania Rock Show broadcast and hang out and support the band. We love every opportunity that we get to support them. With that being said, check out the video below featuring their original songs Pushed Me and A Good Laugh.
Just over 23 hours ago, Xfactor1 was finishing their set on the Iselin Community Ball field and skell was back stage getting themselves ready to headline the show. As usual, skell came out and provided the people in the field with exactly what they wanted, METAL! This band never ceases to amaze us. We got to witness solos from Mikey Palone on guitar, Mike Ekis on bass, and Cam on the drums. We were provided with everything that we were expecting and then some things that we never imagined. At the end of their set, skell debuted 4 brand new songs. One was a tribute to Wally Wrights daughter called Stone. They followed that up with A track dedicated to their beloved former drummer Keith Kweder, and then finally a song that is dedicated to all those that have lost someone. This last track included the debut of Wally on keyboards with the band. Wait, you said 4 songs… the encore was a track called Sinister. Instead of trying to explain all of this to you, I’ve borrowed the video below that was shot by Reina Peli Art & Photography. Speaking of Reina, you can see her amazing photos of the event on her Facebook page.