Judy Rodman – vocal coach, song writer, producer… 3QS057
Judy Rodman is a singer, songwriter, producer and vocal instructor in Nashville, Tennessee. She was the Academy of Country Music’s “Top New Female Vocalist” award in 1985. Judy is also known for writing LeAnn Rimes’s number-one hit “One Way Ticket (Because I Can)” (co-written with Keith Hinton)… and today she tackle’s 21 3 Questions and a Song.
- What are some differences between stage and studio singing?
- What are some things that a vocalist can do to avoid vocal fatigue and strain?
- If you were booking a band to play a BBQ at your house, what band would you pick and why?
- If you were standing at the crossroads waiting for the devil, what would you sell your soul for? What’s the one thing in music that you really, really want?
- Which one of your songs should survive an apocalyptic event and be responsible for helping repopulate the earth, which song would it be?
- You’re sitting on a bench and your musical idol sits down next to you, who is it, and what are you going to talk to them about?
- Who is your Dave Grohl? Who would you want to go up on stage with to perform one of their songs?
- As a vocal coach, do you believe you have to take what the person’s voice gives you and make it their own? asked by Kristian Montgomery in Episode 56
- What should I be paying attention to voice-wise as a podcaster and teacher?
- How do I get my students to use a mic correctly and project?
- What is a song that you didn’t write, that you wish you had written?
- Tell us about your podcast, All things Vocals
- What is one thing that people who have followed your career might be surprised to learn about you?
About Judy Rodman
Location: Nashville, TN, US
Genre: Country, Various
I have 5 decades of award-winning experience as professional singer, vocal coach, songwriter and studio producer. In my current primary role as vocal coach, I work mainly with career level singers and speakers, or those who aspire to vocal careers. If there are speakers or singers in your audience, I can offer interesting stories and give actionable information to help strengthen effective communication skills and protect the voice from strain. I don’t just speak from theory, I speak from experience, and I care very much about voices and creative spirits in general.
About the song, You Want it Back
From my 2015 album project with my husband.. written, performed & produced with him, inspired by our Memphis days.