Build the Scene's Electronic Press Kit
Build the Scene is the culmination of decades of work in the local scene for founder, Bill Domiano. Build The Scene gives local music a radio presence and allowing one place for finding information on the media sites in the Pittsburgh Music Scene. It will support the music scene by boosting the visibility and audience for everyone, regardless of genre. By providing better access to the media sites, we provide support to the artists they feature and we believe this is the positive and united approach our music scene needs. From an unsigned radio station, podcasts, scene news, concert calendar to a band list, Venue list, music reviews, and more; We are well on our way to being the Pittsburgh Music’s Destination that has been our goal. Build Scene is here to promote and grow ALL the genres located within our reach., take a moment and experience the ‘burgh music scene.
the Pennsylvania Rock Show
the Pennsylvania Rock Show is an online radio show/podcast/FM program that features a studio guest and is full of songs from the best unsigned bands Pennsylvania has to offer. It airs on Build the Scene, Megarock Radio & on KFGD 107.1 FM St. Louis, XRP Radio, Rudaroo Radio, & Alt-Rock Radio. View the radio schedule. The show is hosted by Bill Domiano of the Alle-Kiski Music Scene, Build the Scene, Podcast your Scene, 3 Questions & Song, & First Angel Media. Bill makes every effort possible to ensure every band is heard and feels right at home when they come to visit. The show and past podcasts can be heard 24/7 on our website! The Pennsylvania Rock Show creates an avenue for worldwide exposure for which otherwise bands would not have any outlets other than a local bar or party. Don’t take our word for it, check out the newspapers and testimonials.
- The Pennsylvania Rock Show releases a new show on Fridays.
- Tim “The Ripper” Owens listened to the podcasts of the John Lane show April/May 2013. Tim was the lead singer of Judas Priest and Iced Earth. Tim is currently the lead singer for multiple bands!
- Both the Pennsylvania Rock Show, as well as some artists that have been featured on the show, have been approached by several major AnR representatives from Universal Music, Universal Republic Records, Interscope, and TME Recordings after their appearances on the show!
- Members of the Def Leppard Road Crew
- Members of the Tesla Road Crew
- The Legendary Electric Ladyland Studio
- The Record Plant
- Chris Robinson and Sven Pipien of The Black Crowes
- Actress: Kate Hudson
- Terry of The Lex and Terry Morning Show Network
- Members of the Aerosmith Road Crew 11-25-05
- Members of the Lenny Kravitz Road Crew 11-25-05
Some bands that have played the show have been offered and/or signed production agreements with local producers. Some bands have been finalist to play the 2006 Rolling Rock Town Fair, after being contacted by them and asked to supply a list of bands to check out. Some of the musicians on the show, have been used as session players. Other live guests have also hooked up with similar bands on the playlist to play shows together. On many occasions, major record labels and signed artists to local radio stations and syndicated radio DJs have been tuned into the show. (see the Famous Listener page and the About the Show page) It takes many small steps to travel long distances, if PARS is one of those small steps, then great.
- Show and Venue networking
- SickleEye signed a production agreement and publishing deal after being heard on our show
- (kaj) and Big With Seed both got played on WDVE after we sent their information to the station
- (kaj) got airplay on the Lex and Terry Show (FM Syndicated show) after being heard on PARS
- Many Wild Mountain Radio listeners have stated that PARS is the #1 reason for listening!
- Bringing together musicians to help raise money for the Leechburg Volunteer Firemen at Wildwater Motorcyclefest
- Helping cancer victims by being a part of the Rock For Life, Inc annual concert committee
3 Questions and a Song
3 Questions and a Song: Learn about unsigned bands, of any genre, throughout the world through a very simple method, 3 questions and a song. Tune in as Bill Domiano of the Pennsylvania Rock Show introduces you to unsigned bands from anywhere on the 3rd rock from the sun! Bill will ask 2 questions, and the third question will be provided by the previous episode’s featured artist. Submit your band to be a guest on the show. View the radio schedule. If you’re interested in being on the show, please fill out our submission form and read the information about the interview process and fill out the questionnaire.
SOS PGH Concert Series Interviews
SOS PGH Concert Series Interviews: The COVID-19 Pandemic has affected nearly every aspect of life and business. Across the country, thousands of local venues, promoters and bookers have experienced devastating losses of revenue and increased debt. Nearly 90% have suggested they run the risk of significant financial hardship or closure in the coming months. We have already lost countless venues in Pittsburgh since the beginning of the pandemic. While the CARES Act, PPP Loans and other stimulus programs have provided assistance to many aspects of our local community and businesses, these programs often overlooked the unique needs and attributes of our local music venues.
Build the Scene Radio
Our Build the Scene Radio plays unsigned music 24/7/365. We are based in Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA, and that is our main focus, BUT we do play music from all over the world.
Definitely appreciate it!
Bill was awesome. Definitely made me feel like I have done a video interview before, and was real easy to chat with. Keep up the good work, the bands need shows like this!!!
Slam Band And Sam had a blast on the PA Rock Show.
We were so happy and appreciative to be welcomed on the Pennsylvania Rock Show. Bill ran a smooth program with a down-to-earth approach that really had us searching our depths for answers stuck in our subconscious. We definitely left the show learning more about ourselves in the process. ~We look forward to our paths meeting in the future, Bill. -SBAS
continues to be a great resource indefinitely!
I have a passion for discovering good new music before the rest of the world. One of the coolest ways I do that is by tuning into the PA Rock Show. I love listening to the interviews and hearing about who is rising through our scene. It’s amazing that this show has been at it for as long as it has and I hope that it continues to be a great resource indefinitely!
I recently did
I recently did an interview on the Pa Rock Show. It was a great experience; they were very professional, but still very low pressure and comfortable. I think the show is great for the local music scene and helps to unite the bands together. Keep listening and rock on!!!