The Kilmaine Saints 3QS099
- Where did the name Kilmaine Saints come from?
- What is the best pizza that you’ve had because you are a musician?
- Who is your Dave Grohl?
- What song writer would you love to sit down and write a song with?
- You get to meet your idol, but you can only ask 1 question…
- A network tv station offers you 30 seconds of air time to talk about your band, what are you going to say?
- What is a non-standard venue that Kilmaine Saints should play?
- Tell us about an embarrassing moment that has happened on stage.
- Tell us about your song, “Same Again Tomorrow”
- A DeLorean is sitting outside your gig, where are you going in time and what band are you going to hang out with?
- How do you stay motivated and how do you deal with lineup changes? asked by Anaphylaxis on episode 98
- Where can you be found online?
- Tell us about your next 2 shows.
Location: Hanover, PA, US
Genre: Celtic Rock
|Short Band Biography
|Kilmaine Saints is a band formed on good whiskey and bad intentions. The brainchild of two members of a Harrisburg Pipe & Drum band, this project was originally created with the sole intent of getting them free beer at St. Patrick’s Day shows in the central PA area (and might I add- mission accomplished). After incorporating the help of fellow members from the pipe band and other notable musicians from the area, they soon realized they were in for one hell of a ride. Since 2009 they have continued to pound through blistering, high-energy live sets that keep people singing along, stomping their feet, lifting their pints and shouting for more. With several hundred shows at pubs and festivals from New Jersey to California, critically acclaimed releases under their belts, national and international airplay, and an ever-expanding and extremely loyal fanbase, it’s no wonder the world is starting to stand up and take notice. In short, The Kilmaine Saints are equal parts Irish swagger, Scottish pride, and whiskey. This explosive Celtic rock band from central PA will steal your heart, your spirit, and your pint when you’re not looking.
About the Song, Same Again Tomorrow
At the base level, Same Again Tomorrow is a song about that one local pub everyone knows. There are a hundred things that suck about it and you can easily think of better places to go. Maybe you can’t be bothered to make the effort to go elsewhere or maybe it’s something more….but for whatever reason, you and your mates always end up there night after night. Over time, the song evolved into something bigger. “The pub” became a metaphor for other aspects of life: The things we keep coming back to out of love, despite the difficulties or negative aspects. For example, playing in a Celtic rock band with your friends… The song itself began as a fiddle tune I wrote before joining the band. When I decided to write a track for the new album, it seemed like a fitting use for it. Using the tune as the foundation (which can be heard after each verse), the rest of the song was built up around it.