Maleena joins us to talk about her fairly new release (July 2020), Bruises to Prove it and we delve a bit into life as a Freshman during Covid, as well as, life as a member of Chip and the Charge Ups.
Segment 1 with Maleena
- Can you tell us about this weekend’s Chip and the Charge Ups album release party?
- How does Covid affect you as a freshman in college?
- How did you come up with the title for the album, Bruises to Prove It.
- Can you tell us about the writing process for the album?
- I know you play bass and guitar, are there any other instruments that you play?
- I think we talked about this a little bit when we did the interview for Black and Gold Christmas, but how did you end up being the bassist for Chip and the Charge Ups.
- How did you convince the band to dye parts of their hair pink?
- The shoes? How did that come about?
- How have your creative parents influenced you to get you to where you are today?
- Do you want to talk about being in the school musical? Is that something that you might peruse?
- Have you had any embarrassing moments on stage be it musical or band related? How about during the recording of the video for the Tide is High? Did anyone go to Sara’s for ice cream?
- What can you tell me about your song, Something More?
Segment 2 with Maleena
- If you could go back in time and follow around any band for a year to learn from, who would you want to follow?
- If you could sit on a bench with any musician for a hour and ask them only one question, who would it be and what would you ask?
- Who would be your Dave Grohl?
- You are about to go out on a headlining tour, what local bands would you invite to open for you?
- If they are going to make a cartoon that involved you, what series would it be and what character would they turn into you?
- If you were going into management of bands and you were going to make a band from the local scene, who would you put in the band and what genre would you have them play?
- If you’re out on tour and I’m tagging along, what would the soundtrack between shows be?
- Can you tell us where the listeners can find you and your band online and about any upcoming shows?