Monica Strut PARS564
Monica Strut, Music Marketing & business coach, joins Bill on this episode to talk about her band consulting business. She helps bands with aspects of their business such as release strategy, marketing, social media, branding, mindset and teamwork. Monica also has her own podcast called, Being in a Band with Monica Strut.
We also discover and listen to her band, The Last Martyr, for a bit.
Interview Segment 1 with Monica Strut, the Band Coach
- Can you give the listeners a quick synopsis of what your background is in the music business?
- What do you consider to be the one most important aspect that every band should use as a starting point when they are getting ready to release new music?
- Can you give us some information on your 13 day music marketing challenge and what it entails, and how it can help bands with their new releases?
- One of the services that we provide at Build the Scene is EPKs, can you give our listeners a fly by night version of why they are important and a few dos and don’ts? (Check out Monica’s episode 77 of Being in a Band where she speaks on EPKs)
- You mentioned photographs, while on your website today, I noticed a section about rules for photography…
- How important is branding, and when should you consider doing a new re-branding?
- With the current pandemic situation, what are some ways that bands can make money online right now?
- Can you give us the premise behind your podcast, Being in a Band?
Interview Segment 2 with Monica Strut, the Musician.
- We just listened to a track from your band, The Last Martyr, can you give us a story about the track?
- If you were able to portray any musician in a rockumentary, who would you want to play?
- If you could sit on a bench with your musical hero, but only ask one question, who would you be sitting with and what would you ask?
- If I were going to go on tour with you, what would the sound track of the days off be?
- You recently released your sophomore EP, Purgatory, with its single, ‘Hindsight,’ , where can our listeners get a copy of your music?
- What’s next for The Last Martyr?