The Big Break Contest PARS596
Eyal, Aiden, and Vinnie from the Big Break have a chat with Bill about their music competition, The Big Break on episode 596 of the Pennsylvania Rock Show. Featuring music from: Crooked Ways, Stone Cold Killer, Prime 8, Midheaven,
- How did The Big Break make the jump from Colorado to Pennsylvania?
- What is The Big Break?
- Where are the second round performance contests going to take place?
- What will be judged on the live performances?
- Vinnie, as the host, I feel like you might have the hardest job, do you agree?
- If you could go back in time and hang out with any band, who would you pick?
- What would you sell your soul to the devil for?
- Which bands are currently in Round 1?
- How did the bands get selected, besides submitting a video?
- Judges for the live performances: Aaron Buch of Breaking Benjamin, Josh Balz formerly of Motionless in White, and Aidan from The Big Break
- Let’s say The Big Break gets its own “big break”, would you change anything or keep it the same?
- Have you been thinking about expanding outside of the Pennsylvania borders?
- Will Bill drive across the state to watch the next round of the contest?
Where can I vote for the bands in The Big Break?https://www.thebigbreakcontest.com/vote
What is The Big Break?The Big Break began as a competition for Colorado bands for a prize of winning a fully-produced music video from producer Eyal Filkovsky.
The contest was created by Denver’s Trevor O’Connor of Trevor Rocks Denver, and Eyal Filkovsky. The Big Break is now located in Pennsylvania to give a local band a chance to win BIG.
How does the Big Break Pennsylvania Edition work?
- Round 1: Bands are given 3 months to create a homemade music video. This can be done with iPhones, Point-&-Shoot cameras, and iMovie/Windows Movie Maker.
- Round 2: Fans have ONE MONTH from the competition launch date to submit their votes. You are allowed to vote for more than one band, but only ONCE per band. The top 9 – 12 bands will continue to the next round.
- Round 3: 3 nights, 3 – 5 bands per night, will go head to head in a live battle of the bands-style competition. Several factors will come into play for judging. One band from each night will continue on to the final round.
- Round 4: The final showdown. The finalists battle again and the winner will walk away with the grand prize: a full produced music video! The night will end with 2012s TBB winner, Your Own Medicine, taking the stage.