Tim, Erik and Chris of Shattered join Bill for episode 83 of 3 Questions and a Song.
- What is the best pizza you’ve had because you are a musician?
- Who is your Dave Grohl?
- If you could go anywhere in time, what band would you go hang out with?
- We talk about the Woodstock 99 documentary on Netflix.
- Which Shattered song should survive an apocalyptic event and help re-populate the Earth?
- What is the song “Am I Godless” About?
- We talk a bit about the music scene’s climate.
- We move onto talk about the Rock for Life Concert Series.
- Tell me about an embarrassing moment for someone else in the band on stage.
- What non-standard venue would you like to play at?
- Where can Shattered be found online?
Evan formed the original band in 2000 with some friends from school. It wasn’t until 2006 that the current lineup started to take form. In the 2006, Erik joined the band on guitar/vocals and Tim joined the band on Bass, along with Evan on guitar/vocals and Ryan Gilbert on drums. After a few years of playing shows in the area, Ryan decided to part ways with the band. In 2008, Shattered recruited Kevin Dick to play drums and Josh Comp on lead vocals. With this lineup, shattered established themselves in the local rock scene by playing with local and national bands. Shattered has performed with Sevendust, Taproot, Cold, Hurt, Stabbing Westward, Adelitas Way, Soil, and more. They have been a part of the Rock for Life lineup for the past 15 years. They have released multiple albums and played countless local venues. In 2019, Josh decided to part ways with Shattered. That same year, Chris Taylor joined the band on lead vocals, which takes us to the present-day lineup.
About the song, “Am I Godless”
Am I Godless was the first song written with Chris on vocals. The song is about hitting rock bottom from a lifestyle so out of control that you’re questioning everything from yourself to existence as a whole. A crossroads with immediate consequence.