SuperMonkey joins Bill for episode 538 of the Pennsylvania Rock Show. SuperMonkey is a recording artist, guitarist, singer, producer, recording studio, and record label owner from Pittsburgh, PA. SuperMonkey was established in 2002. After releasing 7 albums & EP’s with a variety acts and line ups SuperMonkey is currently touring as a stripped down 3 piece band in the vein of Jimi Hendrix & Stevie Ray Vaughn, preforming original songs from all of his recordings as well as a few choice covers like The Beatles, Prince, and Led Zeppelin. SuperMonkey has shared the stage with many acts like members of Guns ‘n Roses, Samantha Fish, White Denim, Quiet Riot, Fuel, Ace Frehley, The Fixx, The Biters, and Robin Trower. Owner of Pittsburgh Rock ‘n Roll Record Label, Record Shop, Concert Production Company- SuperMonkey Recording Company, and is the Marketing Partner at Tonic Recording Studios.
Segment 1 with SuperMonkey
- Can you tell us a little bit about SuperMonkey as a whole, I’d almost call it an industry of its own?
- You have played with a ton of Pittsburgh musicians that I’m familiar with, would you like to do some name dropping to start things off?
- If you could ask your musical idol just one question, what would it be?
- If you were on a tour and I tagged along, what would the soundtrack be?
- You can pick 1 album that you’ve already heard to erase the memories of having heard it, and go back to listen to it like it’s the first time again. What would it be?
- Can you tell us about the moment you realized that you wanted to be a part of the music scene?
- Who are your favorite bassist, guitarist, singer and drummer?
- What is one thing that your fans would be surprised to know about you?
- What is next for SuperMonkey and where can you be found online?