Keith Hawkins PARS524
Keith “The Hawk” Hawkins, a professional drummer and co-host of The Loudini Rock and Roll Circus with Lou Lombardi and Lily V. Sixx joins Bill to talk about both the PGH & NOLA music scenes as well as his musical history.
Segment 1 with Keith Hawkins
- How did you get hooked up with Lou and the Loudini Rock and Roll Circus.
- What bands did you play in, in Pittsburgh?
- Keith compares the drummers in the New Orleans and Pittsburgh scenes.
- Do you have a steady gig in NOLA, or do you fill in a lot?
- What is your current favorite whiskey? – asked by Jeff Yeckel
- If you could follow any band around for a year to learn from them, which band would you follow?
- If 10 years from now, kids are flipping through their social studies books and they find a you in the book, why is Keith Hawkins in the book?
- What would your dream gig be?
- If you were in a crowd and being pulled up on stage, who would be your “Dave Grohl”?
- We talked about Black Laurel‘s album, Tales from the Motherland that Keith recorded on.
Segment 2 with Keith
- How do the 2 scenes compare? (Pittsburgh and New Orleans)
- What has been the oddest place that you’ve ever played in either scene?
- We talked a little bit about Chris “Thunderwolf” Dodson’s Wolf’s Customs company.
- If you could sit on a bench for a hour and talk to anyone from the history of music and ask them only 1 question, how would that go down?
- If you were going to build a band to manage based on both the local scenes that you’ve been a part of, who would you put in the band, what band are they currently in, and what genre would they play?