Mykey Massacre 3QS079
- When did you decide you would become a musician?
- If I was on tour with you, what music would we listen to between show stops?
- Who is your Dave Grohl?
- If you were selling your soul to the Devil for something musically, what would it be?
- If a band is looking for a session guitarist, how can they get a hold of you?
- What is one song that you didn’t write, that you wish you would have written?
- If there was one piece of advice that you would give to people starting out in music, what would it be?
About Mykey Massacre
Genre: Speed Metal
Location: Brooklyn, New York, US
Mykey Massacre is an independent solo artist from Brooklyn, New York. Mykey is the ultimate DIY-er; writing, performing, recording
About the song, Struggle City
Struggle City is about my lifelong struggle with mental health issues; anxiety, depression and obsessive compulsive disorder. It tells a story of the inner struggles and constant wars that go on within my own head, but also the external struggles I endure with people.
The song’s title was actually inspired by something an old therapist of mine mentioned to me a while back. I was in the process of writing the song at the time, but was still lacking a title for it. During one of our sessions, she mentioned something along the lines that if I don’t change my ways of thinking I’ll continue to find myself in struggle city… needless to say, the light bulb went off in my head and “Struggle City” was born!