Utah Burgess PARS666
A Side Note from Bill: This episode number 666 has been asked about, by many bands throughout the years because of it’s relationship in the lore of metal. A few months back, Utah messaged me to see if this episode was still available because he wanted to be on it… and now time for a Utah/Bill background story.
Back in 2004, I had an idea to start a website that supported the local Alle-Kiski Music Scene. I didn’t really have a budget for it or even a name. Enter Utah who not only came up with the name but paid for the domain to get me underway… akmusicscene.com was born. Utah (and a large group of others) has been a huge supporter over the years of what I’ve been doing and I’m extremely excited that he ended up with the show that was in-demand by so many people in the scene.
Featuring music from: B.U.M., Rockabilly Junction, James Levier, The Mo Show, After the Fall, (kaj), Noble Hops – dug pretty deep for some of these tracks to show how far Utah’s history in this scene goes.
Interview Segment 1 with Utah Burgess
- We opened the show with a live version of the B.U.M. song “Witchfinder”, what can you tell me about that particular recording?
- Shady Lady Records is going to be a theme with the music on this week’s show, we also played Rockabilly Junction, can you talk about that release?
- Can you tell us about Second Sunday Socials at the Freeport Event Center?
- Please tell us about the James Levier track, “The Good Kind”.
Interview Segment 2
- You mentioned doing something for Music from the 412, when you I told you about doing the ticket give aways, could you speak about that, please?
- When did Shady Lady Studio begin?
- Can you give us some details about The Band Jam?
- How can bands get their music added to the Grass Roots show and possibly end up at the Band Jam competing for the Grassy Award?
Interview Segment 3
- We just played a track from “The Mo Show” and I know that being in that band is very important to you, can you talk about that, please?
- Where can our followers find you online?
- What is up next for you?