Jeff Betten PARS539
Jeff Betten, General manager of Misra Records & COO of Wild Kindness Records, joins Bill for episode 539 of the Pennsylvania Rock Show.
Segment 1 with Jeff Betten
- Did you start Wild Kindness Records?
- How did you end up at Misra Records?
- We talked a bit about Liveburgh Studio and Bad Custer.
- Can you talk a bit about the rosters and do a little bit of name dropping?
- How do you go about taking on new artists?
- How did you hook up with Sun for Moon from Cairo, Egypt?
- If someone wanted to send a submission to either label, how would they go about that?
- We talk about Gene Simmons said that the rock record label was dead, and how really what has happened is the system has adapted to the times.
Segment 2 with with Misra Records and Wild Kindness Records
- Where can our listeners find your artists on both labels?
- As an artist yourself, if you had the chance to meet your idol and ask them 1 question, who would it be and what would you ask? (Brian Eno)
- If you could listen to an album again for the first time, which album would it be?
- An apocalyptic event happens on Earth and wipes out a good portion of the humans; one song from every artist survives, what one song from your artists should survive to help repopulate the Earth.
- As an artist, what band would you want to open for and at what venue (Dieselbeast question)
I am going to have some cool items to give away related to the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame in the near future for my US listeners – 10 blu-ray copies of Doobie Brothers – Live from the Beacon Theatre and 10 Limited edition HBO Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony posters
Pain and beauty. Rebellion and unity. Noise and harmony. Celebrate the history of music with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2020 Inductions, honoring Depeche Mode, The Doobie Brothers, Whitney Houston, Nine Inch Nails, The Notorious B.I.G., and T. Rex. Streaming November 7 on HBOMAX.