Tune in to the Pennsylvania Rock Show’s episode 686 featuring Sommelier, an alternative pop band hailing from Pittsburgh. Formed in January 2020, the band is powered by the songwriting partnership of Brian Ferrell (drummer/guitarist) and J. Trafford (bass/vocals). Alongside members Zach Cross and Jon Boyle, Sommelier delivers engaging music. Learn more about them at https://www.sommelierband.com/, and catch their upcoming shows on September 2 at The Funhouse at Mr. Smalls and September 15 at Necromancer Brewing, where they’ll share the stage with other talented acts. Find Sommelier on various platforms, including Apple Music and Spotify.
Sommelier are a theatrical indie pop/rock band founded in Pittsburgh in 2020; in the past year, the group have:
- Independently organized several benefit concerts which have raised over $1,500 for Pittsburgh-area non-profits.
- Commissioned remixes from high-profile Pittsburgh producers (including two current WYEP Arists-in-Residence).
- Headlined the Freeport Summer Concert Series.Sommelier have been described as:“Thoroughly pop music, but in a more classic sense.” – Issues Magazine“Almost dramatic operatic.” – Rattle and Buzz“A soothing sanctuary of jangly riffs, rumbling beats and pristine vocals.” – The Manc Review
Featuring music from: The Venom Assembly, Dinnerbell Road, The Shiners, Sommelier, Melt, Aris Paul Band
Interview Segment 1 with Sommelier
- If you find a Delorean and have to take your favorite pizza back in time to hang out with a band…
- How did you get the name Sommelier?
- Who is your Dave Grohl?
Interview Segment 2
- Tell us about the song, “Blink and You’ll Miss Him”
- If you could write a song with any songwriter in the history of the world, who would you choose?
- What is a non-standard venue that you’d like to play at?
- What music would we listen to between tour stops if I was driving your bus?
Interview Segment 3
- Where can listeners and viewers find you online?
- What’s coming up next for you?